Our 2020 Summer Sessions are over, and we are busy planning for 2021. Get on our email list so you'll get to enroll first for this summer! It's gonna be awesome.
I N T R O D U C I N G
The DCA Summer Sessions 2020
The Digital Clarinet Academy is pleased to offer the DCA Summer Sessions for online summer study. This is an opportunity for clarinetists from all over the world to study with premiere faculty in week-long workshops, without having to leave home.
S E S S I O N O N E : J U N E 1 - 5, 2 0 2 0
S E S S I O N T W O : J U N E 1 5 - 1 9, 2 0 2 0
S E S S I O N T H R E E : J U L Y 1 3 - 1 7, 2 0 2 0
D C A R E P L A Y
Didn't sign up in time? or have a conflict? Never fear,
is here. See every minute of every class, download course PDFs and add-on live lessons are available.
DCA's Summer Sessions connect you with today’s finest performers and pedagogues for a concentrated week of clarinet.
Private lessons, master classes, technique classes, plus business and industry "field trips" are featured throughout the week.
Every day is specifically designed to help clarinetists of all levels develop your musical voice and master your craft.
Two exciting sessions! Happening from 10am to 5pm each day. Get so much knowledge it will melt your face off!
Attend all events from the safety of your home. Through recordings and online collaboration, all events take place digitally. You just need a device capable of accessing Zoom and making recordings.
We've invited premiere pedagogues from coast to coast and special guests from across the globe to create the content for an exciting and immersive experience.
SESSION 1: JUNE 1-5, 2020
- Richie Hawley (Rice University's Shepherd School of Music & Music Academy of the West)
- Dr. Jackie Glazier (University of Arizona's Fred Fox School of Music)
- Dr. Jeff O'Flynn (Utah Valley University)
- Dr. Tiffany Valvo (Virginia Commonwealth University)
- Ralph Skiano (Detroit Symphony Orchestra)
- Guests: Brian Corbin, Jason Denner, Dominic Giardino, Ben Haueser, Lee Livengood, Melanie Wong
SESSION 2: JUNE 15-19, 2020
- Nicolas Baldeyrou (Radio France Philharmonic & Lyon Conservatoire National)
- Lawrie Bloom (Chicago Symphony & Northwestern University)
- Ixi Chen (Cincinnati Symphony & University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music)
- Pascual Martinez (New York Philharmonic & Manhattan School of Music)
- André Moisan (Orchestre Symphonie Montreal)
- Mark Nuccio (Houston Symphony & Northwestern University)
- Guests: Christine Carter, Tracy Friedlander, Mark Jacobi, Kari Landry, Rob Patterson, Ramon Wadkowski
SESSION 3: JULY 13-17, 2020
- David Gould (American Ballet Theater, Vandoren)
- Diana Haskell (St. Louis Symphony)
- Chris Pell (Cincinnati Symphony & University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music)
- Anton Rist (MET Opera Orchestra)
- Amy Zoloto (New York Philharmonic)
- Guests: Brad Behn, Kensley Behel, Tomoji Hirakata, Michael Lowenstern, Heather Rodriguez, Wendy Skoczen, Meghan Taylor, Mike Thornton, Andrea Vos-Rochefort